Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Welcome to Year 8 ICT

Welcome to Year 8 ICT. I am Miss Philbin and I will be your teacher for this academic year. I have only a few rules in my classroom that we should all abide by so we are able to learn:

  • We are silent when the teacher is speaking.
  • We are polite, pleasant and respect everyone.
  • We save our food and drink for meal times.
  • We arrive on time to our lesson.
  • We come into the classroom quietly, log on and start any tasks displayed on the screen or board.
  • We only play games at home, not in ICT lessons.



In today's lesson we are learning:

  • How to log into the new system
  • To open our eportfolios and prepare them for Year 8.
  • To create an 'About Me' animation using Scratch.

Tasks:

  1. Log in and change your password.
  2. Open up an internet browser and answer these questions. Be as honest as possible.
  3. Next create a animated project about yourself using Scratch. To do this click on the scratch button below.
 
 
Here is an example of an 'About Me' scratch animation.